The first question I had when I read about blogging I decided I wanted to start blogging. The question we all have is how to start a blog. After searching on the internet I found websites about using Google Blogger. After going to their main page I wasn't sure exactly what to do. What I did was to go to youtube and look up Google Blogger and found various youtube videos on how to get started with Google blogger. To my surprise it was actually very easy. The hardest part was trying to decide on what to blog about. I did look into wordpress, but decided not to use it due to not being able to monetize it with Amazon Associates, Ebay Network or anything else. There was only a one type of monetizing on the free wordpress called wordads, so I decided not to go with it. Maybe at a later time if I could afford a paid wordpress account I may change. For now Google Blogger is working just fine.
Here are the steps below to sign up for a blogger account.
- Go to Google Blogger.
- Click the Get Started link under the Don’t Have a Google Account heading.
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email Address field, and again in the Retype Email Address field.
- Enter a password in the Password and Retype Password fields.Make your password stronger by using both letters and numbers, because public accounts like this are vulnerable to getting hacked. Google tells you whether your password is too short, strong, or good as you type it in the Password field.
- Enter your name in the Display Name field.This would be your first and last name, or a nickname if you prefer that name to be publicly displayed on your blog.
- Choose whether to opt in to Blogger announcements, advice and information.At the time of this writing, rumors are swirling around the blogosphere that some cool new features will be added to Blogger soon.
- Choose your gender from the drop-down list.
- Enter your birthday in MM/DD/YYYY format in the Birthday field.
- Type the word verification letters into the Word Verification field.
- Select the I Accept the Terms of Service check box.
- Click the Continue button.
Now if you are using Google Blogger and you want to move over to Wordpress check out the video below.
There are many other websites on the internet as well as other youtube videos that will provide a lot of information on How To Start A Blog. It can be a blog with Google blogger or Wordpress. Just remember that with Free Wordpress you can only monetize with what they provide. Otherwise you will have to go with a paid account.
Thank You for reading.